Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Perogy Night in Vancouver! (Sept 7/12)

If you know me, then you know I love perogies! Dumplings stuffed with potato and pan fried with onions, and sprinkled with bacon. Just writing about it makes my mouth water! My coworker recently told me about perogy night that happens the first Friday of every month at an Ukrainian church. I admit, I've probably only tried the frozen perogies found at the supermarket so it will be interesting to see how the Ukrainians make it! Apparently Perogy Night is very popular in Vancouver and the line ups are long to get your dinner - that means it must be worth it!

The next Perogy Night is happening this Friday, September 7th from 5 to 8pm at the Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral (154 E. 10th Ave). The menu includes perogies, cabbage rolls, sausages, salads and coffee.

For more details and to take a look at the menu, check out their website here.

No comments: