Sunday, October 21, 2012

Edible Canada at the Market

I dined at Edible Canada for the first time to celebrate a friend's birthday. They have a special October Fall Feast menu on for $30 at the moment, which includes two starters, a main and a dessert. I have heard the food here was good, so I was excited to try it! I went for the butternut squash soup, which was very nice and warm, perfect so such cold weather. The other starter I chose was the risotto - I found it too rich and creamy, and chees-y too (which I'm not a fan of). I also found it a tad too salty. For the main, I opted for the ling cod. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, sitting in that much broth. I didn't really see the mushroom crust, and though the fish itself was a little bland, the broth was salty so they did go together. I chose the spiced ginger cake for dessert. It was good, but I wish it were warmer to give it that "fresh out of the oven" taste. All in all a decent dining experience here, with a variety of dishes.

Edible Canada is located in Granville Island.
Hazelmere butternut squash & apple soup - chorizo, maple creme fraiche, croutons. I couldn't taste the apple, but the soup was very creamy.
Vij's curry crusted wild albacore tuna with fingerling potatos, corn, kale, cherry tomatoes and sherry mustard vinaigrette.
Fall squash risotto with Okanagan apples, pancetta crisp, mustard cream and sage. This dish was very rich and heavy, tasted a bit cheesy. The apples were diced and sprinkled on top, which was really nice.
Roasted ling cod with mushroom crust, bok choy, pea leaf, wild mushrooms and lemongrass broth.
Rosemary braised peach country lamb shoulder - roasted nectarines, fingerling potatoes, vegetables and rectarine reduction. Others who had this dish said the lamb was very salty.
Spiked ginger cake with seasonal fruit and spiced caramel sauce.
Granville Island Tea Company chai brulee.

Edible Canada at the Market on Urbanspoon

No comments: