Sunday, July 03, 2011

Canada Day 2011

For the first time, I didn't have to work during Canada Day so I ventured out for the day to celebrate Canada's 144th birthday. I checked out Canada Place in the early afternoon. There were booths set up and food stalls and entertainment on several stages. It was pretty crowded!

After scoring some freebies, I headed downtown to find a spot for the parade! I haven't seen a parade in years so it was a bit exciting. Everyone was line up down the street on Georgia and Burrard St, waiting in anticipation. The parade was pretty fun, with lots of different groups and companies participating. It was an hour long, which was a lot longer than I had expected.

Next, I headed back to Canada Place to get a good spot to see the fireworks! I had won a pair of tickets to the higher level of Canada Place, so I didn't have to jostle for a good spot. They started selling tickets this year for charity, at $10 per ticket. I definitely recommend buying a ticket so you don't have to fight your way to a good viewing spot! We waited around for an hour and a half before the fireworks started. They were really good too and worth the way! Believe it or not, I have never gone to see fireworks live! It was a lot of fun, and really pretty and I definitely will be checking out the fireworks next time (at the Celebration of Lights perhaps?).


I had a lot of fun checking out all the events and I think I might go again next year! How did you celebrate Canada Day?

No comments: