Sunday, February 01, 2015

Dine Out Vancouver Festival 2015 - Cork and Fin

With the end of the Dine Out Vancouver Festival coming to an end, I thought I'd share some photos from the restaurants I went to! There was definitely some good food to be had, and I'll be looking for the 2016 festival!

The first restaurant I went to was Cork and Fin. Located in the heart of Gastown just outside the entrance of Blood Alley, this restaurant offers fresh seafood and a quaint little place to dine. For the Dine Out Festival, they offered a 3-courses of savoury dishes, for $28.


Lobster bisque - brandied apples, charred scallions.
Smoked ricotta croquette with spiced tomtato jam, leeks, potato.
Octopus and chorizo, with salsa roja, toasted brioche.
Arctic char with gnocchi and edamame.
Flank steak with confit potato, braised purple cabbage (+$3).
I thought the food was good, though some was a bit burnt. The service was a bit slow, and my friend wasn't satisfied with the portion size so we ended up going to another (two) restaurants for more food and dessert. Cork and Fin might be a good place to go for oysters during their happy hour, where they offer 2-for-1 oysters!

No comments: