Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Update on Life

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been madly applying to jobs that I even remotely qualify for, and sending out some general applications to companies. Ugh. So far, I've only had one phone interview, and I'm not sure that went all too well either. Plus it's just a summer job, but it would be a pretty awesome one. The problem is, there isn't enough entry-level positions. How about giving new grads a chance, huh?! All the positions I look at require 5 to 10 years of experience or a masters/phd. :( How am I supposed to get experience if no one will hire me in the first place? I need to get back to volunteering.

Anyway. Other than job hunting, I have been continuing to enter contests and trying to keep up with Swagbucks and Irazoo (see links on side to sign up!). I picked up my watch from the Safeway Lucky Break contest, and my mum got a call today to pick up hers as well, yay! I also made a couple of orders from Amazon.ca and Amazon.com using my stash of FREE Amazon gift cards that I earned from Swagbucks and Irazoo (WOOHOO, best sites ever). I ordered:

The Nanny Season 3
The Muppet Show Season 3
Up Blu-ray
Ke$ha CD
David Archuleta CD

The shipping and import fees from Amazon.com was ridiculous. But thank goodness I didn't have to spend a penny out of pocket. If you want to get in on the free Amazon gift cards (Swagbucks lets you get .ca ones), check out the links on my right side bar!

No comments: