Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - Game Review


I bought 2 Nintendo DS games last week because Best Buy was having their grand-opening sale at all Lower Mainland stores, so some new DS games were only 2 for $50. I picked up Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

I sped through Professor Layton in about 4 days. The sequel to Professor Layton and the Curious Village continues on with the adventures of Professor Layton and his apprentice, Luke, hearing about the mysterious Elysian Box, which has killed one of the Professor's collegaues. The pair have to travel through several villages across Europe to find clues about the mysterious box and solves countless (over 150!) puzzles. The cut scenes are beautifully produced and the video quality is excellent. Extras in this game include the chef's hamster, where you find items which can be used to make the hamster exercise.

One thing I didn't like was that you had to keep talking to all the characters, and you never know if you're going to have to read the same message again, or if they will have a puzzle to offer you! Then if you don't find the puzzle, it disappears and you can't do it anymore! I finished the game and I still hadn't found a few of the puzzles. I enjoyed this game better than the first one so I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes puzzles or is a fan of the Professor Layton games.

For more information on this game, go here.

No comments: